Take customer's orders, serve food and beverages, prepare itemized checks, and accept payments. Servers may perform additional duties, which may include escorting guests to tables, serving customers seated at counters, setting up and clearing tables, or operating a cash register. They also check the identification of patrons to ensure they meet the minimum age requirement for the purchase of alcohol. Must be professional, polite, and reliable. Must be able to learn and describe food proficiently.
Essential Job Functions:
· Wash your hands when you arrive at work and throughout your shift
· Follow all required guidelines for PPE when required to wear and maintain a clean and sanitized uniform at all times.
· Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems
· Escort customers to their tables
· Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods
· Inform customers of daily specials
· Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
· Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request
· Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning
· Serve food and/or beverages to patrons; prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
· Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens
· Follow food best practices
· Adhere to company policy and State and Federal regulations regarding service of alcohol, including taking all steps necessary to ensure the proper age of all persons consuming alcohol served on premises and refusing to serve any person who appears to be intoxicated or, in the bartender’s or Manager on Duty’s best judgment, might become intoxicated by consumption of additional alcohol
· Demonstrate current and working knowledge of restaurant environment
· Follow Food Safety standards and maintains work area and equipment in accordance with Health Department and ServSafe standards
· Ensure that tables and chairs are cleaned and sanitized after guest leave in a manner that is in compliance with CDC guidelines.
· Follow area specific steps of service, uses table and position numbers and delivers food and beverage orders to customers in a timely fashion
· Educate, sample and serve food products
· Effectively deal with multiple customers and communicate customer requests or concerns and service flow issues with servers and manager of duty
· Seats customers when needed at clean tables avoiding over seating
· Knowledgeable of host duties and responsibilities, table numbers and station assignments
· Answer phone and records reservations
· Follow station specific duties and responsibilities
· Open and/or close area following appropriate checklist, verifies completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the area
· Produce and present freshly prepared products following recipes and/or build sheets and merchandise standards
· Maintain personal hygiene and professional dress code to comply with Food Division and Health Department standards
· Work with the bus and host team to assist in clearing and resetting tables
Physical Requirements of the Server Position: