To maintain and evolve the wine experience for our guests through elevated service and knowledge of our global wine program.
Under direction of the Assistant General Manager or General Manager, is responsible for the all wine service related tasks in the restaurant. Ensures the wine program is represented to our guests beyond the level of expectations through increasing guest satisfaction, wine sales, and achieving excellence in wine service, as per the Court of Master Sommeliers.
- Coordinate the development, interpretation and implementation of all wine menus
- Provide direction in the execution wine service standards throughout the dining room and bar areas
- Recommend food and wine pairings for guests during all meal periods
- Advise guests on wines based on their personal tastes and food choices
- Inform guests about different varieties of wines and prices available in our cellar
- Ensure wines are served at the right temperature and within the proper glassware
- Ensure Wine Cellar it is always stocked, presentable and organized
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, procedures, and standards.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy.
- Be familiar with all restaurant services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately
- Maintain complete knowledge of: all brands, particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list, designated glassware and garnishes for drinks, all bar menu items, preparation method/time, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation and prices
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving
- Assist dining room and bar staff members on tools and systems relating to the wine and service
- Perform all other service duties related to wine as requested
- At least 2 years of experience in the wine industry (retail, supplier, distributor, sommelier).
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Working Knowledge of POS system.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar restaurant setting.
- Certified Sommelier by Court of Master Sommeliers or equivalent